New Construction Inspections
Having a home inspection to discover issues before move in would save you from a big trouble.
Buying a brand new home, fresh and clean that no one ever owns is always fascinating. People would think that buying a new home is worry-free. However no house is built perfect, and there is no exception for new houses. We discovered numerous issues at every new-construction inspections we perform. Renowned builders always appreciate having these issues found out before they turn into serious and expensive problems.
If you are planning to buy a new home, you should hire an experienced professional to conduct a thorough inspection. New homes built in BC are protected by 2-5-10 home warranty insurance. For that reason, new home buyers should have the house inspected before the warranty expires. The sooner you discover the problems, the sooner the builder can come to fix them.
New homes aren’t built to perfect. Buyers may not get involved in every detail of the construction process. Having your new home thoroughly inspected is the best protection you will get.
We encourage buyers to attend the on-site presentation. Besides understanding the home condition and all possible defects, it is a great opportunity to know more about how to operate and maintain the new home.
- Thorough Interior and Exterior Inspection, from Roof to Foundation
- Moisture Inspection
- Thermal Imaging Assessment
- Comprehensive Report with Photos Illustration
- Functional Tests of Appliances
- Guided Walk-through
- On-site Q&A Session
- Advisory Support
- English/ Cantonese/ Mandarin Service
Our Inspection Checklist
- Site Assessment
– Grading, Retaining Walls, Patios, Walkways, Driveways
- Roof Inspection
– Roof Covering, Drainage System, Flashings, Chimneys, Skylights
- Exterior Inspection
– Wall Covering, Flashing, Doors, Windows, Balconies, Steps, Railings
- Garage/ Carport Inspection
– Garage Doors, Door Operators, Structural System, Electrical System
- Structural Inspection
– Foundation, Basement, Crawl Space, Attic, Floor, Wall, Ceiling & Roof Structure
- Electrical Inspection
– Service Panels, Service Grounding, Receptacles, Lighting Fixtures, Switches, GFCI, AFCI, Smoke Detectors, CO Detectors
- Heating & Cooling System Assessment
– Furnaces, Boilers, Fireplaces, Venting System, Central Air Conditioner
- Insulation & Ventilation Assessment
– Insulation, Vapour Barrier, Ventilation, Mechanical Venting System, Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRVs)
- Plumbing Inspection
– Water Supply & Distribution, Drain, Waste & Vent System, Fixture & Faucets, Water Heaters, Drainage Pumps, Sump Pumps
- Interior Assessment
– Floors, Walls & Ceilings, Doors, Windows, Stairways, Countertops, Cabinets
- Built-in Appliances Assessment
– Washers, Dryers, Ranges, Ovens, Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Garburators, Central Vacuum